Vision, Mission, Principles, And the Human Brain

If you are a regular follower of this blog, you may have noticed that Tempo!, my business strategy book, hasn't been published yet. I do have a publisher interested in the Swedish version, but I am still looking for a publisher interested in publishing the English version of the book.

More than a year ago, it dawned on me that Tempo! was growing to about twice the length I had originally planned (400 pages instead of 200 pages), and that I would have to cut a lot of material. Some of this material I am saving for another book, but some of it I decided to publish as free supplements.

The vision and mission paper below does not contain material written specifically for the book, but it does contain material that is closely related. Tempo! describes in detail a procedure for developing a combined vision and mission statement in diagram format, an Intermediate Objective Map. The paper provides background, perspective, and shows mission and vision statements for several organizations, including an Intermediate Objective Map for Primus Vicus. There is also an account of a brutal battle between Primus Vicus and a business organization with a lot of power, but less vision.

The Scribd file conversion process caused some letters to disappear from diagrams in the paper. If there are missing characters in a file downloaded from Scribd, please let me know. I will send you a high quality PDF version.

Vision, Mission, Principles, and the Human Brain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waterfall - The Dark Age of Software Development Has Returned!

Waterfall vs. Agile: Battle of the Dunces or A Race to the Bottom?

Interlude: The Cost of Agile