Drar Apple, I'd like to talk to you about the misspelling program On My iPhone

Drar Apple, and Mr. Jobs,

I like nu iPhone, I really do, but there is à problem. I spell fairly
well, but the spell checker jeeps changing what I write into
gibberish. IT is à chore giving all the mistakes I have to correctly.

There seems to be no way to turné the misspelling program off. Since
the iPhone is à network device, maybe the off switch is at your end.
If IT is, could you please TURN THE DAMNED THING OFF, BECAUSE I AM
GOING CRAZY!

Sorry for the outburst.

Kind Regards,

Henrik Mårtensson

Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Stuart Roebuck said…
Select:

Settings->General->Keyboard

and turn off "Auto-Correction".

However, it sounds like you perhaps have the wrong keyboard language setting and that it might be trying to spell words in a different language than you are typing in? Is that a possibility?
Kallokain said…
Thanks!

I am using a Swedish keyboard, because I live in Sweden and need the å, ä, and ö characters to write names. The language is set to English though, because I almost always write in English. The iPhone ought to handle that. Otherwise there would be no point to having separate keyboard and language settings.
Stuart Roebuck said…
Henrik,

I agree that it should cope, but in the meantime, you can enter accents on the English keyboard by just holding the letter you want an accent on and a selection of accents appear to choose from. Perhaps that's too long-winded for lots of typing?
Thomas Nilsson said…
If you select multiple keyboard layouts to be active the spelling correction actually follows the layout. And it is easy to change because you get a small globe next to your space key.

Popular posts from this blog

Waterfall - The Dark Age of Software Development Has Returned!

Waterfall vs. Agile: Battle of the Dunces or A Race to the Bottom?

Interlude: The Cost of Agile